Explore the river Drina with us, from its origin to the confluence in Sava River. Sailing along these rural areas lets you discover and enjoy the natural beauty, cultural and historical heritage, getting to know the people and their customs – ethnology, ethnography, and gastronomy. The longest version of our tour includes the route from Šćepan Polje to Belgrade in the length of 524 km, which is performed on request. While paddling, we pass through the landscapes of narrow valleys along the Drina River, the third deepest canyon in the world, with wavy hills and mountains in the hinterland and closer to the flat land. This program is best performed from April to October.
Basic experience in kayaking recommended.
- Affordable to Moderate
Best for what
- Exploring on water
- Kayaking in canyons
- Environment protection
Best for who
- Nature lovers
- Group of friends
- Kayaking in the 3rd deepest canyon in the world
- Discovering Western Balkans culture and heritage
- Crossing borders by paddling
- Sightseeing to Visegrad Bridge, the historical complex ‘Stari Brod’, visiting one of the shortest rivers in Europe with its waterfall, House on Drina River, the underground town of Karadjordjevic Dynasty, Zvornik Fortress, Sremska Mitrovica city in which 9 Roman emperors were born, Sabac Fortress and Jewish landmarks in Sabac.
- Visiting typical spa – resorts Banja Koviljaca and Vilina Vlas.
Day by day program
Day 1 - Arrival Day
Routing: Belgrade airport – Visegrad (border crossing)
Short: Arrival to the Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport and transfer to the Visegrad by minivans or minibus. Accommodation and free time for sightseeing.
Host: Hotel Visegrad
Note: Depending on the time of arrival, a transfer lunch can be planned.
Day 2 – Drina Kayaking
Routing: Visegrad– Stari Brod
Short: Kayaking on the route Visegrad – Stari Brod. A short kayak tour of the memorial complex Stari Brod. Equipment for kayaking and transfer of personal luggage provided.
Length: 17 km
Rowing time: 3h
Host: Camp „Stari Brod” guesthouse and tents.
Day 3 – Drina canyon and Perucac lake kayaking
Routing: Stari Brod – Perucac lake (border crossing)
Short: Kayaking through the Drina canyon – the third deepest canyon in the world between National parks Tara and Drina. Lunch break stop. Equipment for kayaking and transfer of personal luggage provided.
Length: 37 km
Rowing time: 8h
Host: Zepter Vila Drina and Restaurant Vrelo Perucac
Day 4 – Drina kayaking
Routing: Perucac lake – Vrhpolje
Short: Kayaking on the route Perucac lake – Vrhpolje with lunch break stop. A kayak tour of the Vrelo waterfall and the famous house on the Drina river. Equipment for kayaking and transfer of personal luggage provided.
Length: 55 km
Rowing time: 5h
Host: Ethno village Vrhpolje, Vrhpolje
Day 5 – Drina and Zvornik lake kayaking
Routing: Vrhpolje – Mali Zvornik
Short: Kayaking on the route Vrhpolje – Mali Zvornik. Lunch break stop. Equipment for kayaking and transfer of personal luggage provided. A tour of the underground town of Karadjordjevic royal family or the Zvornik hydroelectric power plant in Mali Zvornik.
Length: 48 km
Rowing time: 6h
Host: Hotel Royal Drina, Mali Zvornik
Day 6 – Drina kayaking
Routing: Mali Zvornik – Crna Bara
Short: Kayaking on the route Mali Zvornik – Crna Bara. Lunch break stop. Equipment for kayaking and transfer of personal luggage provided.
Length: 76 km
Rowing time: 6,5h
Host: Guesthouse Vasin Sib, Crna Bara
Day 7 – Sava kayaking
Routing: Crna Bara – Sremska Mitrovica
Short: Kayaking on the route Crna Bara – Sremska Mitrovica. Lunch break stop. Equipment for kayaking and transfer of personal luggage provided. Sremska Mitrovica guided tour.
Length: 45 km
Rowing time: 6,5h
Host: Hotel Sirmium, Sremska Mitrovica
Day 8 - Departure Day
Routing: Sremska Mitrovica – Belgrade
Short: Arrival to the Belgrade Nikola Tesla Airport by minivans or minibus. Departure.
Maps and directions
- We practice to leave the place in nature where we stay, cleaner than it was before we came.
- We give our best to sort out the garbage and recycle.
- Our team puts efforts in influencing the local community and the authorities about the proper way of treating the environment.
- Participating in ecological activities in the area.
- Members of NGO that fights for the nature preservation on the territory of Southeastern Europe.